What does Volunteering with ELLa involve?
Volunteers at ELLA have the opportunity to help with the day-to-day running of many exciting projects looking at infant and child development.
- Assisting with running experiments
- Behavioural coding
- Entering data for statistical analysis
- Helping to schedule testing sessions
- Collecting families from carpark and bringing them up to the lab
- Filing participant surveys & questionnaires
- Updating participant information
- Looking after a participant’s siblings while studies are going on
- Taking part in outreach events (e.g. MOTAT Super STEM Fair)
Here is what some of our past & current volunteers have shared about their experience:
“As a whole, volunteering at ELLA has been a positively captivating experience. Two things stand out for me: learning the intricacies of a research lab; the fascinating discussions during the reading sessions.”
“I gained so much from my experience as a volunteer with ELLA. Overall I gained confidence with research. The team showed me how to collect, sort data and code and this skill is so important.”
“Volunteering with ELLA gave me a huge appreciation of and insight into the research process and how much time and effort goes into a study!”