Thanks for showing your interests in volunteering with ELLA. We are currently putting a hold on new volunteers requests. We have recieved substantial interest for 2023 and will review the applications of those we have already received. We hope to have more opportunities in the second half of 2023.
What does Volunteering with ELLa involve?
Volunteers at ELLA have the opportunity to help with the day-to-day running of many exciting projects looking at infant and child development.
- Assisting with running experiments
- Behavioural coding
- Entering data for statistical analysis
- Helping to schedule testing sessions
- Collecting families from carpark and bringing them up to the lab
- Filing participant surveys & questionnaires
- Updating participant information
- Looking after a participant’s siblings while studies are going on
- Taking part in outreach events (e.g. MOTAT Super STEM Fair)
Here is what some of our past & current volunteers have shared about their experience:
“As a whole, volunteering at ELLA has been a positively captivating experience. Two things stand out for me: learning the intricacies of a research lab; the fascinating discussions during the reading sessions.”
“I gained so much from my experience as a volunteer with ELLA. Overall I gained confidence with research. The team showed me how to collect, sort data and code and this skill is so important.”
“Volunteering with ELLA gave me a huge appreciation of and insight into the research process and how much time and effort goes into a study!”